Property Claims Guide
In the event of any loss that may give rise to a claim, the following procedures should be followed:
1. The Insured or his designated personnel will advise the Insurer immediately. Initial loss advice should be made within twenty-four (24) hours following the occurrence of the loss.
E-mail the Insurance Company with the following information:
- Policy Number
- Date, time, and place of loss
- Nature of the loss or damage
- Brief description relating to the circumstances/loss discovery including comments as to how loss could have occurred
- The extent of loss or damage, with initial cost estimate of loss or damage, if such information is already available
- Contact details for survey (inspection/investigation)
2. Upon receipt by Insurers of the loss notification, Insurer will appoint a loss adjuster.
3. In the event of a loss occurring after the normal business hours (i.e., Saturdays & Sundays and Holidays), then Insured should notify Insurers on the next working day.
Insurers will contact the Nominated Loss Adjuster.
The Nominated Loss Adjuster will then coordinate with Insured or his/her representative on the schedule of survey/inspection.
SUBMISSION OF CLAIM DOCUMENTS
Upon completion, Insured may submit the insurance claim requirements directly to BPI MS Insurance or the Nominated Loss Adjuster.